Richest 1% Take Almost Half of World’s Wealth

(Editorial note: The following are excerpts from a recent report “Working for the Few” by Oxfam, an international organization working to end poverty, written by Ricardo Fuentes-Nieva and Nicholas Galasso. Oxfam began in 1942 as the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief to stop famine in Greece due to the Nazi military occupation. Oxfam works in 94 countries today.) Economic inequality is rapidly increasing in most countries. World wealth is divided in two: almost half going to the richest 1%; the other half to the remaining 99%. The [...]