“Author unknown” Thanks to Susana Hurlich <email@example.com> for sending it.
“If anyone knows who wrote this, please let us know so we can give credit.”
- There are no bombs raining on our heads.
- I am not a prisoner held in solitary confinement, as millions are.
- I am not a refugee trying to escape with my life.
- I am not standing in line waiting to fill a pot of water.
- I have access to fresh food and I’m not starving.
- I have hot running water.
- My country has not been ruined by years of war.
- I can reach my friends by phone and check in on them.
- My friends check in on me because they care about me.
- Any whiplash I feel about this strange turn of events is itself a sign of privilege.
- More than half of the world would gladly trade their everyday problems for the modest inconveniences I am experiencing.
- I may have anxious dreams but I’m dreaming them on a proper bed and I’m not sleeping on the sidewalk.
- By staying at home, I’m helping the planet rest.
- As long as I have my mind I can create, imagine, dream and not be lonely.
- This global crisis connects me to people around the world and reminds me of our common humanity. This is a good thing.
- When something tragic happens to another country next time, I will respond to it not with superiority, but humility and recognition.
- I will fight for positive changes and economically just policies in my own country.
- I am surrounded by books.
- I am surrounded by love.
- The trees have already begun to bloom.
Stay safe & stay healthy…..